Sella is loaded with options for the blog. It offers many different options for you to present your blog posts, along with several different blog post layouts. In addition, there are numerous theme options and shortcode options that allow you to customize how posts are displayed.
Create New Blog
No matter which method you use to display your blog posts, first thing you need to do is create them.
Sella offers several blog post formats:
Follow the steps below to create a blog post:
- Step 1 - Navigate to Blog Posts > Add New in the Dashboard.
- Step 2 - Create a title and insert your post content in the editing field. You can use any of our shortcode elements inside the post. If you want to use some additional fields, choose them from Screen Options at the top of the screen.
- Step 3 - Add Blog Categories on the right side. Categories are meant for broad grouping of your posts, think of these as general topics. Categories are hierarchical, so you can add sub-categories. Sub-categories are made when a Category is added to a Parent Category . To assign it to the post, check the box next to the Category name.
- Step 4 - To add Tags, write the Tags at the textbox below the Blog Categories. Tags are meant to describe specific details of your posts. They are the micro-data that you can use to micro-categorize your content. Tags are not hierarchical. Type the name of the tag in the field, separate multiple tags with commas.
- Step 5 - To add a Single image, click the Featured Image box, select an image and click Set Featured Image.
To add more than one image, use Image Gallery (Visual Composer element) , each image will be a slide in the gallery slideshow. Gallery can be created by adding images from Media gallery or by adding External links of the images that will be used.
Step 6 – To post Video, use Video Player (Visual Composer element) and paste the direct video URL from Youtube, Vimeo or Dailymotion and more.
Step 7 – to post Audio, use Video Player (Visual Composer element) and paste the direct audio URL from Soundcloud, Mixcloud and more.
Step 8 – For Quotation, use WordPress Blockquote option (Shift + Alt + Q).
- Step 9 – For Links, use WordPress Inser/Edit Link option (Ctrl + K).
- Step 10 – Create an excerpt – Excerpts are optional hand-crafted summaries of your content that can be used in your theme. Learn more about manual excerpts.
- Step 11 – Once finished, click Publish to save the post.
You will see all the Blogs created at Blog Posts > All Posts.